Monday, November 21, 2011

Pizza time in the Czech Republic




Most recent and 2nd favorite Pizza so far..
    I would like to talk of something that has been on my mind since I arrived here in Prague and it is something that I have been struggling to understand.. Pizza. Now originally I saw my first slice on a crazy night out and I was so impressed because it was MASSIVE! However that can be a deceptive mistress, size. Because although this piece of pizza was almost larger than my head I think that if one crumpled it up into a little ball my fist would probably be larger… (I’ve got freak tiny hands as well..) the cheese was non-existant on my peperoni pizza and by the time I finished my pizza I was seriously contemplating E-mailing the owners of Zeeks Pizza to see if they wanted to get a little something something going on over in Prague cause if they weren't going to do anything about this grotesque lack of crust and cheese I was going to have to take matters into my own hands and I was never the best pie cook on the line!





    However I was saved from almost certain failure by my new friend and roommate Wendy who after hearing my Pizza laments helped me order a whole pizza (they defiantly do not call Pizza's "pies" over here) and I found out that here in Prague a Pizza does not feed a family or four like it does in the states. Oh. You get your own pie!! WHAT! Yes! It is much smaller than i'm used to, probably closer to a medium pizza size, but when its just you the size doesn't really matter! Nor is there any of that fighting over the odd last slice out and compromising on toppings :) Oh it was absolutely fantastic! I got myself a veggie Pizza (garlic, spinach, broccoli, and fancy cheese with an olive oil base) with prosciutto added :) I love doing that with pizza get a veggie pie and add meat. Wendy looked at me kinda funny but shrugged and ordered the pizza. We went and grabbed it and practically ran home! (not really but it is true that we were very excited for said pizza) I wish I had grabbed a picture of that fantastic Pizza before it was expertly devoured :) this one up here was tasty but a surprise! I live out on the edge of Prague proper so none of the shops in the area speak English, which normally isn't a problem except when you want to know what is on your pizza... So Basil and shrimp it is! It was okay.. really really wish I had a picture of the other one it was amazingly fantastic! But this will do, at least you can see what it was I was eating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment