Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hostel Plus


October 30th 2011

I think I may finally fave a place to stay!! I'm so excitied I hope that it works out. But all the best laid plans of mice and men right? If all works out I will be there on Thursday so some more nights in Hostel Plus... woo. Now I don't pretend to be a hostel expert by any stretch of the immagination but no kitchen? No area for hot water? You are going to make me pay as much for a beer as you would for hot tea??? No. No thank you sir. I understand this is one of the cheaper hostels, now I know why.

However the people coming through are very interesting. The turnover here is much higher than I have seen at any of the other hostels i've stayed in, which is a little strange for me. The last four days I've had three different groups of people in my little six bedroom dorm. The first couple nights were some crazy party people from Brazil and who were very nice but smelled like traveling boys... (note to all traveling boys out there, please wash your socks... they is pew..) The second night there was a gaggle of Chinese women with one man. Yes I belive gaggle is the word I will use for them. I've never "not spoken" to my room mates before that day, but every time I tried to communicate with them all I got was a blank stare. Which I wouldn't have minded if they really didn't speak english but when they were leaving they received two different calls in English... oh well fine. -On a side note I think that there should be a movie or documentary or something showing how some women get ready for a night out... it was like a Zoo.. very strange- The women and their token man left promptly at 9am and I must admit it was nice having the room to myself after having to share for so long. But once I was ready it was time for errands, so I loaded up my backpack to travel the city. Coming back after a long day of traveling around the city all I wanted to do was go to sleep, but when I opened the door I was greeted by one, two, no three Austrian boys here on a holiday weekend. They were couch surfers who didn't plan out their couches well enough and were now hostel bound. They were looking to go out and party it up, unfortunately for them they didn't realize that Prague sleeps on Sundays. Anything worthwhile is going to be closed and I warned them of the expensive beer and food to be had at the in house bar. So they putzed around and talked back and forth with grand plans of the city and then just plopped down to bed. Who will it be tomorrow I wonder??

1 comment:

  1. A gaggle is the sound a woman makes when she laughs at Family Guy while giving a blow job

    ReplyDelete