Monday, November 14, 2011

Class Time!!


Sculpture on grating at Prague Castle- Random-
    So it appears that my young learner class (students about 10 years old, if that didn't make sense) was not today as I thought it was. Oh well. Now I have one solid young learners lesson plan that I can use for later.. The lesson planning is by far the hardest part of teaching. Doesn't help that the teacher I'm teaching under doesn't like me very much, not that I can blame her. The only interaction she had with me was that I was late for my first class and then to top it off I spoke too fast for the children half the time :( Crap, maybe I would make a lousy teacher. Or maybe I was nervous as hell!! and when i'm nervous I speak fast... crap..
    This is a lot more stressful than I thought it was going to be. Even the visa process is a head-ache. I'm going to have to go to the American embassy and swear that I have no criminal background, then go get the equivalent of 6,000 USD into my new Czech bank account and then its off to Berlin to the Czech embassy to apply for my trade license :) Then I bring all that paperwork (and the lease from my new flat) to this office in Old Town square with a someone who can speak Czech (preferably a native Czech person) cause they won't speak English. 
    And you had better hope you have everything in order cause if you don't they will send you away and the place is only open two days a week! Its mostly just annoying red tape except for the Berlin bit which is just ridiculous!! However I have friends in Dusseldorf so maybe I will visit with them. Course I said I'd be there over the Christmas Holiday and it's not really there yet.
    So yeah everything is so up in the air at the moment and when stuff like that happens with me I get more forgetful than average, which for me is a very bad thing indeed. So far I have lost my hat and my scarf... lets hope I can keep it down to just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment